Disclaimer: all my lens tests are amateur tests. I do not have the time, space and the equipment to carry them out professionally. Although my tests can help you make a decision, you should not use them for the final evaluation of whether the lens is good or bad. It should also be remembered that sometimes different copies of the same lens can give different results. Here are some details on my testing procedure:
- All tests are performed with exact same lighting setup and camera settings.
- Camera is aligned in three dimensions using markings on test chart.
- Test chart and color chart used for testing are high resolution images printed on color laser printer on standard A3 paper with 600dpi and highest quality.
- Vignetting tests are images of wall with focus set to infinity.
- All images are saved as 16-bit TIFF directly from RAW without any modifications.
- All test charts images have levels corrected using exact same settings and are then desaturated.
- All vignetting tests are also desaturated for easier comparison against gray background.
- All color chart images have white balance corrected using exact same settings.
- Test charts are available in the original size, color chart and vignetting tests are resized to 1024 pixels using Lanczos algorithm.
- Final images for web are converted to 8-bits and are saved as JPEG with quality set to 90.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS @ 24mm
Minolta MD 28mm F2.8
Panagor PMC Auto Wide Angle 24mm F2.5
Samyang AF 24mm F2.8 FE
Sigma Super Wide 24mm F2.8
Tokina RMC 24mm F2.8
Vivitar MC Wide Angle 19mm F3.8
Lens sample images